This newly developed super course will explore the most current research and practice-based evidence of periodontal therapy. Together, we will gain an understanding of the link between periodontal disease and other systemic chronic health conditions, the importance of prevention, and the non-surgical and surgical treatment options used for managing periodontal and peri-implant diseases.
The full course or individual lectures will be open and available to all dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, administrative staff, and students.
Lectures in the Series include:
- Introduction and Review of Periodontal Disease Classification
- Comprehensive Periodontal Examination: A Series of Case Studies
- Systemic Link between Periodontal and Overall Health
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy
- Antimicrobials, Nutrition and Adjunctive Options in the Treatment of Periodontal Disease
- Implant Maintenance and Peri-Implant Pathology
- Metrics for Success: The Re-Evaluation
- Periodontal Surgery, Regeneration and Microsurgery
- Implant Dentistry in 2020
- Update in Oral Pathology
- Periodontal Linkages with other Specialties
- The Final Ascent
All lectures in the series are scheduled to begin January 2019 and will be hosted at Niagara College – Welland Campus.